Download registration form here
Before booking with us, please make sure that you agree with our way of travelling and have read the booking conditions very carefully. If you are making a booking for a friend or relative, please make sure that they are fully aware and accept the booking conditions. If something is not clear about the booking conditions, please contact us. Please check flight availability before booking with us.
Travelling in Asia
We hope you will discover the ‘Real’ Thailand, so please be flexible and keep in mind that people in Asia have another way of thinking and living. The standard of transport, accommodation, hygiene and safety may not be the same as in your home country. People booking with us, need to have an open-minded attitude towards the local Asian way of life and accept our way of 'Eco conscious' traveling. Prepare yourself to adapt to a different climate, food and culture.
Travel insurance is compulsory
Travel insurance is compulsory when travelling with the Roots of Asia. On arrival, you will need to show proof of insurance to your trip leader. If you have an existing medical condition for which insurers do not want to insure you we are, unfortunately, unable to take you on tour.
Please consider whether you are able to join-in on most activities on the tour? If you are not able to participate you will probably not have a good time on the tour and this may also affect the high quality tour we want to provide to all our tour members.
1. The holiday contract
1. After reading and accepting our way of travelling, the Traveller needs to fill in the online registration form. We will process and confirm with the traveller as soon as possible and arrange for payment of the deposit.
2. The contract between the ‘Roots of Asia’ and the Traveller, comes into existence from the date that the travel agent sends a confirmation invoice and after receiving the deposit.
3. The contract, including all matters arising from it, is subject to Thai law. Complaints that can not be mediated between both parties are the exclusive jurisdiction of the Thai Courts.
2. Tour payment
To guarantee your booking we ask for a deposit of AUD 320 or € 250. Full payment should be made no later then 2 months or 60 days before departure. If the Traveller books less than 2 months before departure he / she needs to pay the full amount of the tour immediately. Please notice: Roots of Asia, co. is a Thai company, payments will be requested by an official paypal account in Thai Baht. We will convert the price in Australian Dollar to Thai Baht, according to the exchange rate of the billing day. You can choose to pay a part of the trip on arrival. Prices in Euro are indicative only and are subject to change.
3. On Tour
1. While on tour the Traveller accepts the authority of the Tour Leader or Local Guide at all times. If the Traveller does not follow the guidelines of the Tour Leader and/or endangers the safe and happy progress of the tour, the Traveller can be excluded from all or part of the tour without any refund.
2. If the Traveller becomes disruptive during the course of the tour the Tour Leader has the right to end the contract with the Traveller, or to negotiate return to the hotel or to the place of departure, with no further liability. The inconvenience and costs associated to the disruptive behavior are the responsibility of the Traveller.
Our tours are designed for healthy travellers of all ages; we feel that age should not be a barrier for joining our trips. However, it is in the interest of all group members that everyone is able to fully participate in most activities of our tours. If you have any doubts or concerns, please contact us.
5. Fitness level required for our Tours
Please be aware of the adventurous nature of our way of travelling. The Traveller needs to be in good health and have a flexible attitude.
6. Travel insurance is compulsory
1. Travel insurance is compulsory when travelling with the Roots of Asia. It must provide cover against personal accident, medical expenses, personal liability and emergency repatriation. We strongly recommend an insurance that covers cancellation and loss of luggage. Please, check if your travel insurance covers adventurous excursions (as mountain biking, diving, bamboo rafting) and if not, you do all activities at your own risk.
2. If you have any pre-existing medical condition, please inform us. You must inform your travel insurance company and ask them a written confirmation that your condition is covered. If you are not insured for your condition we are unable to take you on tour.
Roots of Asia can not be held responsible for the loss or theft of luggage. If you carry very expensive goods, we recommend you to get appropriate insurance.
8. Travel documents & vaccinations
1. The Traveller is wholly responsible for being in the possession of a valid passport (which is valid for 6 months beyond the duration of the trip) and correct visas (if necessary).
2. The Traveller is responsible for getting any required vaccinations for their journey. As a tour operator we do not have medical competence, so we advice our clients to evaluate the given information (in the safe travel section) with their doctor.
9. Single Travellers
If you are travelling alone and are willing to share a room, please let us know at the time of your booking, we may be able to match you with another traveller. If we are unable to this, we will charge you the Single surcharge.
10. Minimum group size
Our tours require a minimum of six people.
If we don’t get to the minimum group size, we will inform you in advance. We can guarantee that the trip will take place, with some changes in the program, some parts of the trip will be without the Tour Leader, but with local assistants.The surcharge will depend on the group size. Roots of Asia reserves the right to decline any booking at their discretion.
11. Cancellation by the Traveller
Refund after cancellation by the Traveller depends on the date we receive a written notice of cancellation.
· 60 days or more prior to trip departure: loss of deposit AUD 250
· Between 59 and 30 days to departure: we will refund 50% of total booking cost.
· Between 29 and 10 days to departure: we will refund 30% of total booking cost.
· Less than 10 days prior to departure: we will refund 20% of total booking cost.
No refunds will be made if you voluntary leave the tour. We strongly advise you to arrange a cancellation insurance at the time of booking your flight.
12. Costumer friendly changing fees
Prior to the tour departure, the Traveller can transfer his tour to another suitable person that is able to meet the conditions of the holiday contract. If all suppliers agree to accept the name change, a transfer will be allowed. An administrative fee will be charged.
13. Changes or cancellation by the Roots of Asia
Please note that dates, prices and itineraries are subject to change. Prices are based on the exchange rates and costs current at the time of pricing. Prices for tours departing in 2012 - 2013 are indicative only and may alter slightly up to a maximum of 10 %. The price of your trip is guaranteed when you have fully paid. In the unlikely event that we need to change the planned itinerary due to local circumstances, we will do our best to ensure an alternative tour is arranged in conjunction with the group. If we cancel a group tour for which you have fully paid, we will give you a full refund. ‘Roots of Asia’ is not responsible for any incidental expenses that may have incurred as a result of your booking such as visas, vaccinations, non-refundable flights, etc…
1. If you have a complaint during your trip, please mention it immediately. We are very approachable and together with the Tour Leader or Local Guide, we are eager to put things right as soon as possible.
2. Any complaints that could not be resolved immediately can be submitted in writing no later then 3 weeks after the tour. Complaints will be addresses seriously at all times in order to reach the best solution.
15. Exceptions and restrictions of the liability of the tour operator
1. The tour operator can not be accused for unforeseen events resulting from supremacy, such as unforeseen modifications in regulations, delays or cancellation of flights, accidents, strikes, epidemic, natural disasters, war, vandalism and terrorism and is excluded by the coverage of the tour operator. The extra transport-or accommodation expenses of this are at the expense of the Traveller.
2. Arrest by Police, Customs or other authorities are for the account and risk of the person in question. Costs as result of the delay for the group as well as for the organization are charged to the person in question.
3. Misbehavior, among which is meant a behavior that directly or indirectly disturbs the harmony of the trip and abode pleasure of the co-travellers and/or the travel guides, does not need to be tolerated, succeeding (legal) regulations and house rules included. Such misbehavior can lead to exclusion of the trip.
4. Given the adventurous natur of travel, the services carried out by third parties abroad must be assessed and balanced to the local customs and habits.
16. Liability of the Traveller
The Traveller declares at the time of registration that he/she is in a good physical and mental condition. Personal damage, as well as damage to third parties which results from providing false information according this matter, is entirely at the account of the Traveller.